Saturday 19 July 2008

It begins!

15/07/08
Yeah, I’m off! Finally. I’ve waited so long for this. My parents and my younger sister Chinyere ,saw me off to the bus station and there were tears as we said our goodbyes. My sisters Oluchi and Ijeoma, decide to go with me as far as Ghana, since they’re on vacation. So we’re looking forward to a lovely time in Ghana.
The trip was the usual, with the customary stop and hassle at the borders even though luckily we went on an ABC bus, so we didn’t have to deal with the immigrations officials directly. However, I think Ecowas needs to do something about travelling across our borders because it can become a lot easier than it is right now.

Anyways, we got into Accra on Sunday and it’s been slow-paced but fun so far. We got an invitation to an ‘Obama rally’, another one to visit a plantation in the western region and an invite to some friends in Kumasi.

So far, I will be going to all of these places and I still plan to visit a designer from a Burkina and a non-profit in Accra.

The most liberating thing about my trip so far is the fact that I can just up and do whatever I wish, no questions asked. I can decide to visit any city I want, I can change my mind. It’s my prerogative. If I like the city, I can stay longer but if not, I could leave on the next bus. This really promises to be a great trip.

Odabo.

Blue

1 comment:

Grahamn Kracker said...

Wow! Obama rallies in Africa! Wish you could vote in the US!